Thursday, September 20, 2012

Coquette Patchwork Quilt


This quilt was actually made from scraps I purchased from another quilter.  Does anyone else do that?  I love the Coquette fabric line, but wasn't sure I wanted to commit to a large fabric purchase, so buying a small scrap bundle was just perfect for me.
Just a simple alternating squares pattern using Kona snow for the background fabric.  I love how the pale pink and floral prints give this a vintage feel - perfect for a sweet baby girl :)

I used some leftover squares on the back as well as a mottled pink print from my stash.

The quilting was done with straight diagonal lines through the background squares.

And finished up with a binding in spring green.  See? I did have a productive week last week!

Details
Size: approx. 36" x 44"
Fabrics: Coquette by Art Gallery Fabrics
Pattern: Alternating 2.5" squares
Quilting: straight-line diagonals

Available now in the shop

Linking up at Canoe Ridge Creations and Crazy Mom Quilts. Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Super pretty. We just got this line into our shop ; ) looking forward to working with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really really pretty! Nice design choices! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! Great choice to let the fabrics shine and the quilting only adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty. I love the soft palette. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so soft and lovely looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt, beautifully soft. I have not purchased scraps but I love to trade scraps. I have a traded a bag full this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that is such a soft and soothing quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm...love this quilt! The colors are so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stinkin' cute!! Some little girl sure is lucky. Never thought of buying scraps from another quilter...brilliant!
    Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supernice! I love the idea of buying other peoples leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and girly. Absolutely perfect for a sweet baby girl. I was just thinking of asking my SIL if she had some specific scraps I could buy from her. So you're not alone - I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiful! That is such a great idea to use the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt, Megan! The colors are just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy! What a sweet quilt for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty little girl quilt. I really like the alternating patches with the Kona Snow... it really sets the fabrics off well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness! This quilt is so girls and perfect! I love the soft palette and I love 2.5" squares.

    Thanks for linking to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete