Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainbow Sails - a Vintage Quilt

Last summer I started collecting vintage sheets and started on this little quilt last September.  Then it sat neatly folded up in the sewing room for months.  But spring cleaning is in full effect at my house (sewing room included!) so in an effort to minimize the number of half-finished projects stacking up, I finally finished it! 
The pattern is just half-square triangles, and the sheet I used for the backing was a recent find, and the colors work perfectly.  This is the first time I've used a striped fabric for binding - it definitely stands out.
 I did the wavy football shape quilting using my free-motion foot. 
This one was fun to put together, and I've already started on the next vintage quilt :)

Rainbow Sails is available now in my Etsy shop.
And if you want to try quilting with vintage sheets, I also have fat quarters and scraps for sale in my fabric shop.

post signature
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That is so darling. The free motion is really great too.

    ReplyDelete