Saturday, February 11, 2012

Long overdue trip to the farm

There's nothing like the peace & quiet of the country - I've been stressed this week, and a trip off the beaten path to visit my (recently retired) dad was long overdue. Funny how all those nagging issues and long to-do lists seem to slowly disappear the further you drive out of the city (unfortunately they seem to just as easily reappear once you return).

I've been visiting Northfork for over 10 years now, but I've never really stopped to see anything other than my dad's property. So yesterday we took a leisurely tour around the area, visiting with the neighbors as we went. I loved my dad's commentary: so-and-so lives here, so-and-so lives there, they are good people, this guy ain't worth a shit, here's a tree that fell down, there's how high the creek flooded, and on and on... I always thought living in the country would be quite private, but it seems that everyone knows everything about everybody!

I had never seen this old abandoned barn before, although it's just a few feet beyond the turnoff for my dad's farm.
I never leave the farm hungry, and I rarely leave without taking food with me. Yesterday was no exception. Farm fresh eggs!!

Now back to my to-do lists :(

post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a nice weekend. There is nothing better than spending some time in the country. Fresh air and nature all around. I love it too.

    ReplyDelete