Friday, August 19, 2011

Paint Crazy - Tray Transformation

Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy painting - walls, furniture, decor... I find it therapeutic and love how a relatively small financial investment can completely transform a space. So when I was experimenting with the chalk paint on the nightstand, I started roaming the house looking for other items in need of a new look. I ultimately decided on a small wooden tray I picked up at the same garage sale as the nightstand.

Here it is before. In good shape, decent color, but kind of boring and blended in with the other wood furniture in our family room.

And here's the tray after some paint, distressing, and a decorative lining that looks like old letters and postcards. I think it gives the tray a nostalgic feel :)

Hmmm... what to paint next??

post signature

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment