Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mother-Daughter Quilt-a-Long

My mom recently got a new sewing machine, and she reported to me that she sewed a little dog bed for her new puppy. Very nice, but now it's time to step it up a notch - I mean, she didn't buy that fancy quilting/sewing machine with all the bells and whistles for nothing!! Plus, I just so happened to know she had an unused layer cake laying around (since I gave it to her), so I called her up and asked if she would like to do a mother-daughter quilt-a-long with me.

We're both making an hourglass quilt, using this great tutorial from Red Pepper Quilts. We've both assembled the individual blocks (mine are shown here in fabrics from the At Water's Edge collection) Apologize for the bad pic from my phone...

I'm super-excited about this quilt, since it's the first one I've made to keep in several years!

post signature
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment