Friday, October 4, 2013

Sticky Sweet baby quilt

I'm calling this quilt "sticky sweet" because the colors remind me of a bag of tropical skittles. This is one of those quilts where I liked the fabrics in a stack, but as the quilt came together I liked them even more!
The pattern is just simple squares alternating with Kona snow.
I had some leftover squares to use on the back along with the floral print. The quilting is straight lines on the diagonal through the white squares. Simple!
And finished off with a hand-sewn binding.
Details
Size: approx. 39" x 39"
Fabrics: variety from Heather Bailey and Dena Designs
Pattern: alternating squares
Quilting: straight-line diagonals

Available now in the shop
xoxo, Megan
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I can see where the name came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cool! The colours/prints are gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proof that simple patchwork squares are GORGEOUS!!! I really love this quilt. The colours are absolutely fantastic and the backing is perfection.

    ReplyDelete