Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When I'm not crafting...

I've shared my creative side on this blog, but not much about my professional life. I spent the last 3 days in an intense training class for work, and thought it might interest some of yall...

I work for big oil and traveling offshore to drilling rigs and production platforms is part of my job. A part that I actually enjoy very much. But before you step one foot offshore you need all kinds of certification & training. Like how to use a fire extinguisher. Or how to escape a smoky building in complete darkness. Or how to take off your coveralls while treading water and turn them into a float. Or perhaps the most scary: how to escape a helicopter once it ditches & capsizes in the water. If you're interested, watch this jazzy video of the types of drills I did this week, including time in the "dunker."

Of course, the goal is to never actually use these skills.

OK, back to the crafty stuff soon (promise!)

post signature

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan, I'm your newest follower. I just found you blog through Pinterest. I love your rag quilts and hope to make one real soon.
    But for now... Oh my goodness! YOU DO WHAT? I watched the video and couldn't believe my eyes! You are one tough chick! All I can say is Wow! You go girl!
    I will be stopping back to check out your quilts. I need some directions.
    I would be honored if you would stop by for a visit and and a follow back.
    In the meantime be safe and take of your self.
    (now I'm going to worry about you. ha ha)
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete