Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In: The Results {12.9.11}

More new Christmas decorations! This tree skirt was already close to being done, but I finished it off and put it under the tree. I used a 12 Days of Christmas panel and fabric leftover from making the stockings, and made up the pattern as I went along - it turned out ok, but more planning would have prevented some fabric puckering here and there. I also practiced machine-sewn binding on this. I prefer binding done by hand, but for this tree skirt, I was impatient and just wanted it under the tree already!

Linked up with Friday Night Sew In - more great projects at the FNSI Flickr group!

post signature

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. that looks really good! i ordered a cutting mat and rotary cutter this week so i am ready to start trying more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tree skirt. Great fabric. I think this is the 3rd tree skirt I've seen completed during last night's FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!!!!! Now I know what to do with that fabric!

    ReplyDelete