Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Too late for new year's resolutions?

I'm lucky to have a hubby who cooks. I actually enjoy cooking too, but the idea of investing time/energy into preparing dinner after a full day at the office just hasn't ever appealed to me. Hubby thinks every meal requires meat, but to me, PB&J is more than adequate. But... old dogs can indeed learn new tricks! I've started planning menus & grocery shopping weekly and having fun trying out new recipes. And I think the hubs is enjoying his break from cooking (although I would never dream of replacing him as grillmaster!!)

I recently made this carmelized onion & prosciutto pizza (recipe from The Pioneer Woman) which was fantastic! I loved the sweetness of the onions, so I ended up making it again only a few days later :)


And my favorite new recipe for the summer is this Mango Salsa. It's perfect with tortilla chips or on top of grilled chicken or pork loin or shrimp or you get the idea... Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
1 mango
1 jalapeno, seeded
1 red bell pepper
green onions
1 lime

Directions:
1) Chop mango, jalapeno, bell pepper, and green onions and combine together in a bowl.
2) Zest lime, then juice lime and add both zest & juice to bowl and stir gently.
3) Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

P.S. I got a new toy (the new Nikon 50 mm f/1.8 lens) and I'm loving it!! The pictures above were taken with it :)

post signature

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment